7 ways to pay
Life can get busy! So that’s why we have provided seven easy ways to pay your electricity bill:
- In person – we have an office in Taumarunui
- Direct Debit/SmoothPay*
- Internet or telebanking
- Automatic payment
- NZ Post shop
- Te Kuiti Betta Electrical
* Using our SmoothPay payment option, you make regular direct debit payments of the same amount weekly or fortnightly throughout the year. Spreading your electricity payments evenly throughout the year means you pay the same amount every month – regardless of the season. This makes budgeting easier and can avoid increased payments in winter.
How SmoothPay works:
• We calculate your electricity costs over a year (based on historic usage), and divide this into weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments – whatever is more convenient to your lifestyle.
• On the agreed day, we deduct the payment amount from your nominated bank account by direct debit. You will always receive your prompt payment discount as long as you keep to your payment schedule.
• Every three months we review your account to check your regular payments are consistent with the amount of energy you're actually using. If your payments need to be adjusted, we'll give you notice before a new payment amount is deducted from your bank account.
• We will send you your monthly account as usual, so you still have a record of how much energy you've used.
To arrange your account to be set up on SmoothPay just contact us on 0800 523 637 so we can calculate the amount you’ll need to pay weekly or fortnightly.